Friday, February 20, 2009

Love Day#20 GARY SMALLEY


"So who the heck is this" is probably what you're wondering. This here my friends is Dr. Gary Smalley, my favorite author and speaker on family relationships. I came to know about this wonderful man many, many years ago, while visiting a christian book store with my hubby (don't remember if we were married yet). We were looking for some sort of daily couples devotional book and came across 2 very interesting books: "For Better or for Best" (Understanding your Husband) and "If He only Knew" (Understanding your wife). They were two very semi-thin paper back books that I felt I could definitely invest some time in (wasn't much of a reader back then). That book was so interesting to me, I read it in 2 days. I loved it, it basically helped me understand my man a little more. Why he does, or doesn't do the things he does, or doesn't do. It also gave me an insight on how my actions can affect him. I really loved it. From there, I've been a fan. We've read many other books and actually use one of his first couples study material called "Making Love Last Forever" with the married couples at our church. I just really like how he breaks it down. He's real and most important he ties it all to our relationship with the Lord which ultimately should be the foundation of a marriage. If you're interested in seeing more of his materials click here. Anyways, just wanted to share a little about some of my readings. My favorite topic to read on: Marriage, motherhood, and photography. In case you were curious...hee-hee.

1 comments:

Damaris said...

Have to agree with this one, Gary S. is definitely an awesome man of God and has helped millions with his insight into relationships.
HUgs,
ME